Have you created the latest agtech to help farmers do more with less? Can your startup solve the world’s food waste problem? Are you helping to make farming more sustainable?
The Australian Future Agro Challenge – AusFAC – is now open for nominations for 2019! AusFAC is the Australian arm of the world’s leading competition looking for innovative and fundable solutions to global challenges in food production. The AusFAC winner receives an expenses-paid entry into the Global Future Agro Competition, where they represent Australia against startups from around the world. This is an opportunity for farming and food startups to access a launching pad of international investment, mentor, and client networks.
AusFAC is looking for innovative and fundable startup businesses in the following industries:
- Food tech
- Ag tech
- Agroforestry and husbandry
- Food or beverage product or retail
- Food security and sustainability
- Food waste
- Nutrition and health
- Food safety
- Packaging and logistics
- Agriculture education
- Agriculture tourism
- Agriculture production and processing
Eligible startups must meet the following criteria:
- Exist no longer than 5 years
- Have an innovative or scalable business idea or model in the agrifood innovation sector
- Your business model and customer segment are clear
- You have initial market traction, or you have developed your Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- Your technology or innovation is unique, strong and applicable
The selected finalists will receive up to $500 to pay travel expenses to the Atherton Tablelands to compete at AusFAC.
When you click the nominations link above you will be taken to a registration page
Once the initial registration is completed you will be sent a confirmation email – click on the link in the email.
Then you will be asked to provide a password; do that and you then start completing your registration form