Leanne Kemp is Founder and CEO of Everledger and Queensland Chief Entrepreneur. She is a prominent figure in the technology sector and recognised internationally as an innovator and leader. Her company Everledger uses Blockchain technology to track high-value assets such as diamonds, art and wine with the aim of increasing transparency and trust with technology.
In 2018, her entrepreneurial success saw her appointed as the Queensland Chief Entrepreneur in Australia, to develop the state’s startup ecosystem, attract investment and support job creation. She is the first woman entrepreneur to hold this position. In 2019 her tenure as Chief Entrepreneur was extended for another year, the first time the role has been extended since its creation.
Leanne works on a global scale to encourage entrepreneurship and innovation and is an advocate of sustainability in business. Leanne’s roles include:
- CEO and Founder, Everledger
- Queensland Chief Entrepreneur
- Co-Chair, Global Future Council on the Future of Manufacturing, World Economic Forum
- Member, Global Future Council on Blockchain, Circular Economy and Global Battery Alliance with the World Economic Forum
- Co-Chair, Sustainable Trade Action Group, World Trade Board
- Advisor, IBM Blockchain Platform Board of Advisors
Leanne is a two times Patent Inventor as well as holding the following prominent awards including:
- Advancing Identification Matter (AIM) Global Allan Gilligan Award 2019
- Advance Technology Innovation Award 2018
- Innovator of the Year 2018 (Women in IT Awards, London)
- Innovator of the Year 2016 (Women in IT Awards, London)
- Top 26 Coolest Women in UK Tech, 2016 (Business Insider)
- Top 30 Female Innovators (Brummell Magazine)