Sat am – Network with Leanne Kemp, Queensland’s Chief Entrepreneur
Where: Destiny Cafe, 49-57 Loder St, Atherton, 4883
When: Sat 2nd Nov, 9 – 11 am
Tickets: Buy tickets on Eventbrite
Leanne’s Saturday morning event “A Morning with Leanne Kemp”- is pitched at local entrepreneurs and business owners but all are welcome. Networking from 8.30 am. Leanne will speak on “Being Able to Refine your Goals and Business Model” and this will be followed by a Q&A session.
Leanne Kemp is a mine of knowledge on developing start-up enterprises, from a hands-on practical, as well as an industry support, viewpoint. Leanne is CEO and founder of Everledger, which uses blockchain technology to track high-value assets such as diamonds, art and wine to guarantee end-consumers an understanding of where their purchases originated.
Our simply wonderful sponsors: AusIndustry, Telstra, Tablelands Regional Council, FIAL, Elders Malanda, Growcom, Rotary Atherton, Mareeba Shire Council, Farm Doctors, Startup Tablelands and Boldacious Digital. Please do not hesitate to support them in the future.
This event has been brought to you by Startup Tablelands and the Tablelands Regional Council.
- Target audience of local Tablelands businesses
- Hear from Queensland Chief Entrepreneur Leanne Kemp
- Leanne’s first visit to the Tablelands
- Leanne has an impressive history of innovation
- She is internationally recognised as an innovator and business leader
- She is Founder and CEO of Everledger, which uses Blockchain technology to track high-value assets such as diamonds, art and wine to guarantee end consumers an understanding of where their purchases have come from – addressing issues such as sustainability of sourcing, ethical sourcing (blood diamonds), forgery in art , etc
- Her role as Chief Entrepreneur is , to develop the state’s startup ecosystem, attract investment and support job creation
- She is the first woman entrepreneur to hold this position
- CEO and Founder, Everledger
- Queensland Chief Entrepreneur
- Co-Chair, Global Future Council on the Future of Manufacturing, World Economic Forum
- Member, Global Future Council on Blockchain, Circular Economy and Global Battery Alliance with the World Economic Forum
- Co-Chair, Sustainable Trade Action Group, World Trade Board
- Advisor, IBM Blockchain Platform Board of Advisors
- Adjunct Professor at the Institute for Future Environment, Queensland University of Technology
Leanne is a two times Patent Inventor as well as holding the following prominent awards include:
- Advancing Identification Matter (AIM) Global Allan Gilligan Award 2019
- Advance Technology Innovation Award 2018
- Innovator of the Year 2018 (Women in IT Awards, London)
- Innovator of the Year 2016 (Women in IT Awards, London)
- Top 26 Coolest Women in UK Tech, 2016 (Business Insider)
- Top 30 Female Innovators (Brummell Magazine)