more information available on the international Future Agro Challenge website
– technological innovation in our agriculture system
Agriculture Production and Processing
– the cultivation of animals, plants and fungi for food, fibre, and biofuel, medicinal and other products used to sustain and enhance human life
Nutrition and Health
– Presenting the consumers with attractive options of nutrition. Introducing food diversity and addressing the global challenge of an increasing world population.
– a range of tools, including traditional breeding techniques, that alter living organisms, or parts of organisms, to make or modify products; improve plants or animals; or develop microorganisms for specific agricultural uses
– A biofuel is a fuel that is produced through contemporary biological processes, such as agriculture and anaerobic digestion, rather than a fuel produced by geological processes such as those involved in the formation of fossil fuels, such as coal and petroleum, from prehistoric biological matter.
– Innovative farming practices developed to address global challenges. Precision agriculture, reduction of energy and water consumption, technologies and processes in freshwater management, renewable energy technologies, alternative fertilizers, reduction in greenhouse gases, alternatives to the use of nitrogen and phosphorus fertilizers, preservation of biodiversity*, and effective use of arable land.
Robotics and Precision Agriculture
– Precision agriculture (PA) or satellite farming or site specific crop management (SSCM) is a farming management concept based on observing, measuring and responding to inter and intra-field variability in crops.
– From farm to fork, the improvement of the storage and transport of agricultural products. Ingenious solutions to reducing post-harvest waste, preserving nutritional value and enabling wider access to consumers.
– Ideas that improve crop production, cultivate alternative uses of natural products and by-products, reduce post-harvest waste, increase food security, and new agro business management tools.
– Programs and tools that contribute to the agro revolution, particularly in innovative thinking, encouraging sustainable practices, and awareness of environmentally sound methods.
– Innovative ways in drawing visitors to an agro business, in the form of nature travel. Offering visitors the opportunity to participate in trend-making farm and ranch activities, and so promote rural vacations, nutritional awareness, and active lifestyles.
Safety & Health
– Products or practices that improve the health of farm and production workers, or consumers.
– Designs that attract consumers, apply biodegradable materials and other solutions in agricultural products and equipment.