Startup & Innovation Tablelands is a social enterprise working collaboratively to create an organisation delivering programs that give Tablelander’s an entrepreneurial mindset, skills & opportunities to turn ideas into reality.
Startup Tablelands Primary Objectives:
- Long term: start to build a Tablelands entrepreneurial ecosystem that is eventually sustainable and has the ability to substantially contribute to the Tablelands economy.
- Create a new base for job creation, employment, commercialisation and investment across the Tablelands.
- Build capacity for running events, mentoring, and coaching as well as for lean startup methodology and the commercialisation of innovation/inventions.
- Partner strongly within MSC and TRC.
- Partner broadly across the region as resources allow, even nationally to the degree of our capacity.
- Specific goals for 2016:
Run one Startup Weekend in Mareeba in NovemberBe the Australian host for the global Future Agro Challenge (FAC)
- Run many and varied lead-in programs/workshops/events in both MSC and TRC before November.
- Schedule several presentations to inform the public and institutions about ST and about Startup and Innovation in general. Run a supportive and coordinated follow-up program after SWT#2 for the remainder of 2016.
- Complete training for 2-8 Startup Champions from the ST Driver Team and, hopefully, from the incipient startup and better developed innovation/inventor community locally. Training to be delivered by TheSPACE Cairns founder Troy Haines: Building Entrepreneurial Ecosystems for Regional Australia.
- Increase ST Driver and wider team capacity in collaboration as well as in all startup and innovation methodologies.